Monday, April 5, 2010

4/4/2010 Home Again, Home Again!

The bad news is that I packed my pedometer today, so I wasn't able to get it out until I got home. It is like a part of me now, and I'm not sure how I packed it away. Anyway, we left the Wenatchee area today after church, an Easter Egg hunt at the house, and a nice Easter dinner. Got home about 7:10 PM and by 7:50 PM, I was ready to head out for a walk. Since it was nearly dark, I opted to do the small loop street near my condo, Patricia Lane. I had to make 4 loops to get in a 30 minute walk, and it came to 1.39 miles. I remember only being to walk that loop once before calling it quits a while back, so to make it 4 times in a half hour is great. There is one pretty steep hill on the loop, and I do have to admit I opted to walk down that hill instead of up each time around. What amazed me, though, is that it didn't bother my knee to walk down hill. Pretty great! In just a few days, it will be nine months since my surgery, and I never imagined I would be doing this great.
I noticed tulips were blooming in the yards, and I could smell smoke from the fireplaces burning on this cool, spring evening. It is nice to be back home, although for only a day. Tomorrow night I head out again and won't be home until Friday. If it's nice tomorrow, I might head for the dike trail or out to Padilla Bay.
Here's my route tonight: http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/668221

No comments:

Post a Comment