Sunday, April 4, 2010

3/25/2010 The Mall

Today was a very rainy day; pretty typical spring day here in the Pacific Northwest. My friend Christie and I opted to walk the mall instead of braving the cold, wet weather. We nearly lost count of the laps we made, but we covered 2.9 miles in about an hour. While we were walking, we noticed the number of closed up store fronts and then we started counting those, 11 in all. That's at least a quarter of the shops in the mall. In some shops they have set up things like a mall information center in one and a sitting area where they are advertising the Tulip Festival. I guess it's better to put anything in a vacant store rather than just have it sit empty. If you have ever attended a large conference and visited the exhibit area, take note next time. Quite often the conference people or the exhibition company will fill up empty areas of the exhibit hall with tables and chairs. That's not done to give us all a comfy place to sit--it's to make the exhibit hall not look so empty. Same idea.  But back to the mall...not my favorite place to walk, but it definitely protects me from the rain, and I am never alone in my walking escapades there. Hope it doesn't rain tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment