Sunday, April 4, 2010

3/30/2010 Scottsdale, Arizona

This morning I flew to Phoenix for a training tomorrow. After a webinar this afternoon, my travelling partner, Kathy Dorr and I headed to Scottsdale to attend a Spring Training game. Alas, we arrived just as the game was getting over. Quite the disappointment, and a fast game, if you ask me. We were only 2 1/5 hours late. As we were leaving, we noticed a nice park nearby and decided to take advantage of the situation and get in my daily walk. We only walked for 35 minutes, but it WAS 90 degrees out, so the 1.43 miles we put in was plenty for us without water or hats. It was really a beautiful area. We started out parking at a place called Osborn Park, but we ended up in an area called Camelback Park. We walked along a golf course, under a highway, and past ponds filled with carp, turtles, and birds. It was a very nice walk. I saw a bird that I haven't seen before and that we don't have in Western Washington that I know of. Not sure what it was; I'll have to find out, but it was really pretty. We also saw a large turtle sunning himself on a log. The trail is all paved and goes on and on from what we could see. It's also divided either for two way traffic or for walkers on one side and bicyclists on the other. Not sure. But it was glorious to walk in beautiful sunny, warm weather.

1 comment:

  1. We were both all in Scottsdale at the same time! Erik and I drove to Phoenix w/ a stop in Palm Desert to see Erik's dad. We went to two games. One in Surprise and one in Peoria. Would have been really fun to see you. Congrats on the 3 months of walking!!!

    ReplyDelete