Sunday, April 4, 2010

3/31/2010 Three Months!

Today, I completed three months of walking. Can't say I have seen a drastic change in my weight, but I can say I am wearing some clothes that I haven't been able to wear in over two years. That's a good sign! Today I clocked just over 3 miles of urban walking to and from hotels, parking lots, and airports, and on my feet all day giving a workshop. Amazing how the miles add up that way. I have also noticed how much walking I tend to do at airports--lots of walking to and from and in between gates. I was actually sorry I couldn't have stayed in the Phoenix area a bit longer. I forgot how nice the warm weather feels, especially when it is still in the 70s and 80s at 8:00 PM at night. I'm really missing my annual week I used to spend in Palm Springs every year, and think I might have to go somewhere warm in May now, when all my travelling slows down a bit.

This picture is something I haven't ever seen before, a walk up/drive thru Starbucks. We stopped here this morning to get our coffee before class. This Starbucks has nowhere to go inside and order. You walk up and place your order or drive thru. I think it's a great idea--for Arizona, not for Washington.

No comments:

Post a Comment