Sunday, April 4, 2010

3/29/2010 The New Neighborhood

Today, by 3:30 we hadn't made it out for a walk yet, so I took Alice out to visit the new neighborhood after she got up from her afternoon nap. She loves to go for rides in her jogger stroller, so it's no problem convincing her to go. In order to get to the Loop Trail, we have to negotiate a very steep hill down to get to the trail and up to get back to the house. Yesterday when we did that, I had Alice's mom push the jogger up the hill on the way home. Since I didn't want to negotiate all that myself today, I opted to head the opposite direction and walk through a cul de sac in their neighborhood. That way, we also didn't have to get on the main highway. However, in order to even get in 30 minutes of walking, we had to walk the route 3 times or so. It came to 1.2 miles but should count for more if you are pushing a two year old in a stroller. Actually Alice was very well behaved and enjoyed looking at all the trees along the way. Some were in full bloom as this picture shows.  My route and data are here: http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/660641

No comments:

Post a Comment