Wednesday, March 24, 2010

3/24/2010 Spring is here



What a beautiful day. By the time I went for my walk this late afternoon, it was 61 degrees outside, but quite overcast. Might be preparing for the rain we are supposed to get later this week. I headed for Padilla Bay since I haven't been there in nearly a month. I walked 3 miles of the trail, out and back. Planned originally to do the whole 4.35 miles, but then decided that an hour long walk was good. The tide was out farther than I have ever seen it; as far as you could see to the horizon was just mud flats. Ducks and herons still found plenty to eat though. The trail was fairly busy with bicyclists, dog walkers, runners, and walkers. It was a bit windy, as anticipated, but not too bad, and I was quite warm in sweats and a sweatshirt. It's nice to not have to bundle up every day now.  I have walked alone this entire week, and it has been nice in one way. Walking alone gives us time to reflect and plan and wonder. It also allows us the time to look at the small things along the walk that we might miss if we were talking to someone else. Twice now on this trail I have passed an elderly man who walks in his dress shoes, slacks, and suit jacket. Quite dressed up for a walk on the trail, but I imagine for him, those might be his every day clothes; another couple passed me today on their bicycles, and it reminded me of a scene one might see in Holland, bicyclists riding on the dikes.  All in all, another great day. I have been walking for nearly 3 months now, and it is certainly becoming a natural part of my day. My route is here: http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/655426  

No comments:

Post a Comment