Sunday, April 25, 2010

4/25/2010 Back to East Wenatchee


Well, I was home for nearly 36 hours before I took off again. I headed to East Wenatchee this afternoon; helping out with the statewide reading of technology plans tomorrow and Tuesday. A good way of giving back to the state, plus I get to see all my old co-workers and friends. After playing with Alice for a couple of hours before she went to bed, I headed out for a walk. Where I am staying is just 10 minutes from the Loop Trail that runs along the Columbia River, so it's a great place to walk. It was very peaceful down by the river; in fact it was so quiet, you could hear people shouting on the far side of the river. As I was heading to the trail, I passed a Flicker sitting up on a power pole. Quail are also everywhere around here, so I saw a lot of them, but not down on the trail. It was a beautiful night as the sun was setting. Didn't even need a jacket tonight. I managed 1.9 miles out and back from the house. A good 45 minute walk. Good to back in the routine again. Here's my route: http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/694778

No comments:

Post a Comment