Sunday, April 25, 2010

4/16/2010 Port of Skagit Upper Loop

I am glad that I take pictures on my walks so I can use them to remind me of where I have walked when I get behind in my posts. Today I did the upper loop at the Port of Skagit, 2.27 miles in about 48 minutes. I delayed my walk until almost 6:00 PM, but the weather ended up being pretty nice out by then. Everything is really greening up at the port area now; grass is growing along all the trails. Blackberry bushes are coming back to life, and it is definitely spring everywhere. The Port of Skagit has its own security people and the security guy must have passed me like 7 times today. Not sure what he must have thought I was doing, but I noticed him watching me when I took a picture of a blooming tree outside one of the office buildings. Maybe he thought I was a corporate spy? At any rate, it seemed like every time I turned a corner, there he was. Might have just been doing his rounds and it was coincidental that I was walking the same area. No one out tonight on the trail. That seemed a bit odd to me, but then again, it was a Friday night, and maybe other people have better things to do than go for a walk at 6:00 PM on a Friday night. My route can be found here: http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/682343

No comments:

Post a Comment