Sunday, April 25, 2010

4/22/2010 The Weber Grill Restaurant

Today was our last training in this set of 7 cities. Again, I left my pedometer back at the hotel, so I have no idea how far I walked, but I'm guessing 3-5 miles.  We were in bad traffic on the way to class, and expected as much heading back to our hotel, but ended up with a fairly pleasant drive. We are staying just 17 miles from the training site, which where I live would be like staying in Burlington and training in Anacortes or Bellingham, but with so many commuters on the road and freeway construction going on, it was more like driving to Seattle. We stayed at a Hyatt Summerfield Suites which was very nice. In the evening they have free beer and wine along with enough snacks that you can call it a dinner. In the morning they have a very good hot breakfast.  Near the hotel was a Weber Grill Restaurant.

Having never seen one of these before, that's where we opted for dinner tonight. It was amazing. The kitchen is several huge Weber grills where the cooks grill everything, from the warm bread to the chicken and the steaks. We ordered take-out, which was great because we got to stay right by the kitchen while waiting for our dinner.  We could watch the cooks in action. Dinner was great. I'd recommend this place to anyone visiting Chicago. http://www.webergrillrestaurant.com/locations/locationsintro.html There are three of them in the Chicago area and one in Indianapolis. I hope they expand to Washington someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment