Sunday, April 25, 2010

4/24/2010 Back in the Skagit valley

I was pretty exhausted today. Gone since last Monday, training in Denver and Chicago, three flights, and sightseeing. I was a couch potato all day, but finally drug myself up about 7:00 PM (thank goodness it is light until after 8:00) and did a local walk. I was going to just do the small loop near my house, but then decided to go out onto Avon Allen Road and walk to Highway 20 and back. All in all it was 1.75 miles and I walked for 42 minutes, so it ended up being a good walk with a bit of some hill in it. Here's my route:  http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/693457

It rained for part of the day today, but by the time I went for my walk, the sky had cleared and it was pretty nice out. The clouds were pretty amazing.
One of the things that I noticed in Chicago is that my leg is much stronger now. I was able to walk up and down stairs without holding onto the railing for support. This is a huge improvement for me, both in flexibility and in strength. Once I realized what I was doing, I was pretty impressed with myself and realized how far I have come in the last 9 months.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful lighting on this one. I love all the neat old barns in our valley. So glad that you are continuing to see/feel improvements with your knee.

    ReplyDelete