Sunday, April 25, 2010

4/17/2010 Rest Areas and Birthdays

Today I drove to Wenatchee and back for Alice's birthday party. She will be two years old Monday. Since I have been gone so much, and have to leave again on Monday morning, I opted to drive over and back in one day. My walk(s) today were two 15 minute walks at rest stops on the way over and back. Not a bad way to get in 30 minutes of walking if you are travelling. It forces you out of the car for a bit to take a break and if you do it in 15 minute segments, it doesn't delay your trip that long. No pictures of my walks in the rest area, how boring would that be? But I do have a picture from the birthday party.

Since I take pictures on all of my walks and always have my camera with me, Alice likes to look at it whenever I have it out and tries to take pictures, so I decided a good gift for her was her own camera. She was taking "pictures" of everything today, people, bugs, basketball hoop, toys, dolls. You name it, she took pictures of it. Pretty fun to see her model what we do.
I didn't leave Wenatchee until almost 8:00, but stopped at Starbucks in Leavenworth for coffee, so I did a 15 minute walk up and down the street there. Pretty safe place to walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment