Monday, April 12, 2010

4/8/2010 Urban DC

Today I was in meetings all day at the Library of Congress, but between walking around that massive building, walking to and from lunch, and walking through the airport from my trip home, I managed to get in nearly 3 miles, 2.97 to be exact. No pictures since my camera was all packed away, and I would have looked sort of dumb walking around at lunch taking pictures--like a tourist--would have embarrassed the people I was with. This picture I took in February when I was there--none of the trees were in bloom then, and it was quite cold. The day before their blizzard hit, in fact. Now all the trees are in bloom and it's quite pretty. When I was done with my meeting, I headed to Regan National Airport, only to find out that my flight was delayed due to weather in both Atlanta and pending thunderstorms in the DC area. After determining that I was going to miss my connection in Atlanta, I opted to switch flights, stay in DC another night, and fly out tomorrow on a non-stop to Seattle. Then I called my former student, Brette, and met up with her and another friend for dinner. It was a good way to spend the evening. Good food, good friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment