Thursday, April 15, 2010

4/13/2010 Tommy Thompson Trail

Since I had a hair cut today in Anacortes, I decided to take my walk on the Tommy Thompson trail.  It was a gray day, and actually started raining a bit on my walk. I was dressed in street shoes, not good walking attire, but it didn't seem to impede my walk any. Right after you start out on this trail, from 39th street, you come upon a beautiful gated home with a caretakers house and all. No one I know seems to know who lives there; guess I'll have to check it out with my Anacortes connections. It truly is a gorgeous home, quite secluded if it weren't for the trail.  I saw heron, ducks, and even a rabbit today on my walk, but what I like best about this walk is that there is an area where the bay comes right up against the rocks and you can smell the salt water. It reminds me of growing up near the beach.  Another part of this trail goes through a wooded area, and once in there, you are protected from the wind and it is very peaceful.  This is really a nice walk. I did 2 miles out and back; I didn't go onto the trestle area this time. My route is here:  http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/679090

No comments:

Post a Comment