Monday, April 12, 2010

4/6/2010 Crystal City

Today I flew to Washington, DC, via New York's JFK airport, so I had already done a bit of walking by the time I got to my hotel in Crystal City. I had three hours to kill at JFK, so I walked around some there. When I got to my hotel , it was a beautiful night, (in the 80s) and since I was also hungry, decided to go out and survey the neighborhood. This area of Crystal City was really hopping tonight, and I felt quite safe walking around. There were lots of other people out jogging and walking on the sidewalks as well as all the people in the restaurants. Two blocks here had one restaurant after another--Thai, Mexican, Italian, American, Chinese, and Pizza. Anything anyone could want. I walked for about 30 minutes of good aerobic walking around the neighborhood, headed to a CVC store for some supplies, and then ordered takeout at a Chinese restaurant for dinner back in my hotel room. All in all today I walked 3.5 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment