Monday, April 12, 2010

4/12/2010 Port of Skagit

I hope it doesn't appear that I am getting a bit lazy, but the Port of Skagit trails are so close to my house and offer such a variety that I walk them often. I worked all today until close to 4:00 PM and then took a nap, so didn't get out for my walk again today until almost 5:00 PM. I was going to walk the perimeter trail of the Port Trails, but I didn't see anyone else on the trails and as I was heading north, a stranger parked his car on the side of the road, sat there for a while, and then got out and came across to the trail I was on, and then headed into the woods. Since I have seen too many crime shows on TV, I opted at that point to turn around and stick to parts of the trail that were very public.  I'm sure it
was nothing, maybe he ran out of gas and was heading to the airport--I don't know--but it was strange.
As I was just starting my walk today, a heron flew right overhead and landed on the trail near me. They are the most graceful birds to see fly. He sat quite still for a long time, but as soon as I got too close, he took off. I ended up walking the lower loop near the eagle's nest, and did that loop twice in order to get some mileage in.  I ended up walking 1.5 miles all in all. It was very nice earlier today, and just as I drove up to the Port, it started sprinkling. Luckily it didn't turn into anything too bad, and it was quite mild for my walk. Something new I am noticing is all the new cones that are blooming on the evergreen trees. Some are pinkish, some are a bright green, and some are a bright brownish color. They really provide a great contrast in color in the woods. My route is here: http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/677984

No comments:

Post a Comment