Monday, April 12, 2010

4/11/2010 Burlington Dike Trail

Today I worked around the house all day and didn't head out for my walk until after 5:00 PM. That's one of the great things about spring time--it stays late for so long. Earlier this year when I started walking, it was dark by 4:00 PM. Now I could conceivably walk until 8:00 PM. There was a soccer tournament going on at the fields that are set up along the dike. I was surprised to see so many people there so late on a Sunday night. As it was, it ended just as I was finishing my walk, and I was kind of put out by the traffic. How spoiled I am getting!  The river looks about the same, still pretty shallow in spots with sand bars showing. Actually, I think the sand bars are even a bit larger. Lots of people walking today and also down at the boat launch at the far side of the trail. It was quite nice out. 59 degrees when I started my walk, so I went in just my sweatshirt--wasn't counting on the wind, which was blowing pretty good on top of the dike. A bit chilly! Someday I'll figure out the weather.  My walk today was 2.57 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment