Monday, April 12, 2010

4/10/2010 Port of Skagit

After sleeping in today and just enjoying being around the house a bit, I headed to the Port Of Skagit trails for a nice walk this afternoon. All the trees are starting to bloom; the birds were out singing, and it was a nice day for a walk. It felt good to be outside and back in the valley. I like the trail that goes past this wetland area, mostly because of all the birds that nest in here. If you walk through here in the early evening, you often see ducks flying in for the night, too, which is quite a sight to see. Not sure when the cattails bloom again--maybe in the fall?  I'll have to watch for that to happen. They have been dried up and dead since I started walking in January. I'm guessing this area will get prettier as the spring and summer progress. I can't believe I have been walking for 3 1/2 months already--pretty amazing.  Today's walk was the 2.2 mile route that circles the wetlands area. Like I said, good to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment