Sunday, February 7, 2010

2/7/2010 Burlington Blvd.

What a switch from yesterday. I woke up to a gray sky and wet pavement; it had obviously rained last night. It was so beautiful yesterday--shows how the tides can turn so quickly.  I wasn't sure where to walk today. I didn't want to head to any of my usual trails because I didn't have my trail shoes on, and I thought any trails might be wet.  I was opting for sidewalks.  I ended up heading to our main commercial street in the area, Burlington Boulevard (also known as old Hwy 99). I parked at Haggen's, a local grocery store, and then walked all the way to the end of Cascade Mall, around it and back to my car. 1.69 miles, 39 minutes. I am a bit surprised how far a mile actually isn't now that I am walking every day.  Things I thought were "miles" away, aren't even one mile away...it takes a lot of walking to get a few miles in.
Not too many things to take pictures of when you are walking along a main street, but I did see this memorial bench and plant outside the Bon Marche. Had I not been looking for things to take pictures of, I never would have noticed it. In fact, I haven't ever noticed it before this, and I think it has been there for quite some time.
I am hoping that those of you reading this blog don't get bored during this year of me walking some of my same trails over and over. As spring and summer come along, and my busy schedule slows down, I will venture farther away for some walks, but on days when I am in a hurry, or tired, or perhaps even a bit lazy, I will stick to my tried and true routes. 
One thing I am looking forward to doing soon, though, is participating in some 5K fun run/walks.  I found a couple that look good for the weekend before St. Patrick's Day. One of them is called Runnin' O' the Green in Bellingham. They include a 2 mile fun run/walk, and since it's close by, I might sign up for it. Collecting T-shirts throughout the year for the walks/runs will be a treat!
You can see my route today here: http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/616106

No comments:

Post a Comment