Saturday, February 6, 2010

2/6/2010 Home Again

Wow! What a beautiful day! February 6th, sunny and 58 degrees. What a switch from the East Coast.  So glad I made it out in the nick of time. I hear they do, indeed, have 30 inches of snow in some places.  My original plan a couple of months ago was to stay longer back East and drive to Philadelphia today and then fly home. Glad that plan was changed. I would have been stuck.
I am always pretty tired the day after I get home from a trip, but the weather was very motivating to get out for a walk. I headed to the Port of Skagit Trails, my trusty standby, and did the outside loop, with a little extra, 2.3 miles. The trail was quite busy today, people with their families, including small children, joggers, walkers, and bicyclists. At one point I passed a family when their little girl of about  5 or so passed me up. I had a hard time catching up to her. Darn my short legs!  I think it is awesome to see families out walking these trails with their children, though; what a great habit for thyem to start.
No coat or gloves required today, which was quite nice. I headed down by the eagle's nest toward the end of my walk, but they weren't home.  A while back I thought they might have eggs in their nest; they were staying so close, but I don't think so now.  I did see other birds today, though, including a hawk who refused to stick around and have his picture taken, and a heron who flew overhead. I can't believe the trees and shrubs that are blooming, too. Today it seemed Spring was busting out all over!  You can see my route here: http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/615494

No comments:

Post a Comment