Friday, February 12, 2010

2/11/2010 On My Way Home

Today between a real walk, although a short one, and another workshop, I was able to get in over 2.5 miles of walking!  Hurray. Some of it was walking to and from the conference workshop; then we walked to and around the University of Texas bookstore, and then I took a walk after I dropped off my teaching partner at the airport. On my walk, much to my surprise, I found these real Texas Longhorns! I was pretty amazed to see them. Great place to walk; right across from the highway to the airport. They seemed to like posing for pictures.


I am glad to be heading home. I like to travel, but getting in my walks while I am travelling is proving to be quite difficult. It might be better later this year when it is daylight longer; that way, if I do a workshop or have a meeting that lasts until 5:00 PM, I can still get in an outdoor walk.  I am packing my tennis shoes and walking clothes on every trip now, though it limits how many pairs of dress shoes I can take--one can only fit so much in a carry-on.

1 comment:

  1. Of course there are longhorns across the street from the airport! You were in Texas. :)

    ReplyDelete