Saturday, February 13, 2010

2/13/2010 To the Mailbox and Back

My friends are away for the weekend and asked me to get their mail and paper while they were gone. Normally I would have driven over there, as I did yesterday on my way home from my walk, but today I decided to walk over and get the mail. It is less than a 15 minute walk, maybe 1/2 mile, but in the 2 1/2 years I have lived here, I have only walked it once. It's pretty easy, and actually, I am finding it easier and easier to walk. I probably need to start pushing myself a bit with both distance and time walking. I think three miles is definitely close, and I'd like to stretch my walking time to 1 1/2 hours a couple of times a week.  Since just walking to get their mail and back wasn't much, I walked up Peterson Road to the end of the sidewalk. All in all it made for a nice 2.2 mile, 50 minute walk. The route goes uphill a bit, but I have to say I didn't even notice that today, so obviously I am gaining stamina and strength. 

I walked past all sorts of trees and plants in bloom. This tree looks like some sort of tulip tree.  Against the gray background, it isn't quite as pretty as in real life, but still, I don't think they usually bloom this early. I also saw lots of crocuses, daffodils, and cherry trees in full bloom.  Gray and rainy today, but so far I seem to keep missing the rain squalls. Wind yes, rain no.  If you see me walking, I look like an advertisement for REI--REI pants, jacket, shoes, hat, gloves, socks--got it all. But I stay dry and warm. You can see my route here: http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/619932

No comments:

Post a Comment