Friday, February 12, 2010

2/9/2010 Travel Day

Today was a travel day for me; flying to Austin, Texas.  I still managed to get in 1.9 miles of walking, even with all the flying.  One thing I like to do at SeaTac if I have my car, is park at a Master Park lot across from the airport. Then instead of taking their shuttle, I walk to the terminal. It usually only takes 10-15 minutes depending on traffic lights, and it's a good uphill walk with luggage. I think it's actually a bit quicker than taking a shuttle. Another way to get walking in at an airport is to walk everywhere rather than ride a tram (if you can), and walk instead of using the people movers.  And of course keep moving while waiting for your plane instead of sitting. You have lots of time to sit once you are on board the plane.This is so odd that I am giving advice on how to get walking in at an airport---not the airport part, the advice on walking part.  I thought about heading to the treadmill at the hotel when I got there, but my teaching partner's flight was late, and we didn't get to the hotel until after 11:00 PM. This is quite a great artistic piece at the Austin Airport. City of Music.

No comments:

Post a Comment