Sunday, January 3, 2010

1/3/09 Port of Skagit Trails

Today I stuck close to home and walked one of the Port of Skagit Trails near the Skagit Regional Airport. This is where I walked this past summer and fall as I recovered from my knee replacement, so I thought it would be interesting to see how much farther I can walk now.  It was a gorgeous morning, about 44 degrees and the sun was out for a good part of the walk. Rain was predicted for this afternoon, so I went earlier to miss it--however, no rain yet!



There are over 10 miles of gravel trails here, very nice safe place to walk. I discovered that I am walking 2 miles in the same time it took me to walk 1 mile in October--big improvement! No signs of Spring today. I did see a Flicker though--think I made him nervous.  Tried to get a picture of him, but he flew away too soon.  It really was a nice day, I actually got too hot--glad I was layered. I did a typical out and back route again, but next time I will try a loop.  Here's the trail: http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/593808

No comments:

Post a Comment