Monday, January 4, 2010

1/4/2010 Port of Skagit Trails #2

Today my friend Christie walked with me. What a trooper, considering it was raining. Somehow we picked a window of opportunity where it wasn't pouring--but still, I didn't wear rain pants and should have because my pants were wet by the end of the walk.  We took a different trail today. It was a loop that was 2 miles long--perfect! It was very wet; water was pouring through the creeks and waterways, and a couple of times we actually had to get off the trails a bit and walk through the grass because the trail was flooded with large puddles. I am very glad I have my Gortex, waterproof shoes.

The walk was nice though, and time goes by pretty quickly if you have someone to walk with.  The area is a protected wetland. In fact, one part of the 10 miles of trails was actually closed for quite a while because an eagle was nesting in the trees. Didn't want to disturb the little ones! 

Tomorrow will be my first challenge, as I have 3 appointments in Seattle. It might be a mall walk tomorrow. Wednesday Christie will walk with me again, and we are venturing to Bellingham--maybe Lake Padden?  Data for today, including map:  http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/594387

1 comment:

  1. Great place to walk, Becky. In the spring and summer watch for The Mower Guy. That's my husband, Carl. He'll probably stop to chat. :)

    ReplyDelete