Wednesday, January 6, 2010

1/6/2010 Lake Padden Trail

Today my friend Christie and I were in Bellingham visiting REI, se we decided to walk the Lake Padden Trail which was somewhat on our way home. The gravel/dirt trail is a little over 2.5 miles long around the lake. There are also several offshoot trails where one can even go horseback riding. This was my longest walk, both in terms of distance and time, so far this year.


It was a beautiful day for a walk; sun was out, sky was blue. Lots of people on the trails--running, walking, pushing strollers, walking dogs. Many of them were much more industrious than we were. One guy walking his dogs passed us three times during our hour long walk.  This route has a few small hills that the other walks haven't had, and I did find myself breathing a bit hard at times, but that's okay. That will be another great thing to compare as I walk more and more. I'd recommend this trail to everyone.  You can see a map and walk details here:  http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/595621


1 comment:

  1. Great idea this 365 walks in 2010. My knee is loving the notion and I'm sure yours is too. Oh to be retired...

    So, someday come out to Anacortes near lunchtime and I'll walk with you.

    ReplyDelete