Saturday, January 30, 2010

1/30/2010 East Wenatchee

This weekend I am in East Wenatchee, so my walk today was a 55 minute walk on the Loop Trail off 19th Street. The Loop Trail consists of  13 miles of trail here that go along the shores of the Columbia River, in both Wenatchee and East Wenatchee,  It's a great paved trail.  My friend Patricia, who lives in Wenatchee, walked with me today. She has walked and roller bladed these trails for years, and said she remembers the one we were on today when it was just a trail through the sagebrush before it was paved.  When I got to the walking route, I realized that I had left my pedometer at home, and then I found out that my Allsport on my phone had expired today--I would think they would remind you and get you to renew as soon as you could to gain more revenue--so I couldn't track my route or count my steps. Instead I just went for time, and we walked for 55 minutes.  I have walked enough now to give a pretty good guesstimate as to how much distance I can cover in a given amount of time on all sorts of terrain.  At the pace we walked today, I am guessing we went about 2.5 miles.
The route is a little hilly, definitely not flat, but pretty minor elevation changes.  The crisp air and walking along the river was quite refreshing, and with the great conversation with my friend Patricia, time passed quite quickly.  A nice walk. I look forward to exploring more of this trail over the next year whenever I visit the area. And tonight I will sign up again for my Trimble Allsport.

No comments:

Post a Comment