Thursday, January 28, 2010

1/28/2009 Port of Skagit--Last Trail

Jeff left this afternoon, and my friend Christie walked with me. We walked the last complete trail at the Port of Skagit that I hadn't done yet. It was a very nice 2.4 mile loop, partially through the woods.  I am amazed that I think nothing of walking a distance like that now with 28 days under my soles.  Today I was talking about walking in some fun run/walks this spring and summer. I look forward to being able to do that.  My knee is still a bit sore, but it's not the knee as much as the muscles around it, and they are fine after a couple of ibuprofen.  Again today, even though it was a bit gray outside, we saw lots of ducks near the ponds. I noticed that they were all paired up, but it doesn't show that in this picture.

My favorite part of this trail is the section that goes through the woods. When I was recovering from my knee surgery, I could only go about 10 minutes into the woods, so not too far. Today we went all the way through. When the trees get their leaves back, they actually form a canopy in this area.  It will be very cool to see it this spring and summer and compare photos.
Tomorrow my walk will be in the Seattle area. Saturday and Sunday I will be in Wenatchee.  As Willie Nelson says: On the Road Again...  You can see my route from today's walk here:  http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/609587

No comments:

Post a Comment