Friday, January 29, 2010

1/29/2010 An Urban Walk

Today I took a friend to the doctor in the U District in Seattle, and while she was at her appointment, I went for a little 2 mile walk around the area, an urban walk today.  I headed south from the clinic and found Peace Park, home of the Sadako and the Thousand Cranes sculpture, something I had no idea was there, but was very neat to run across. I'm glad I took a picture of it.
After that, I walked across the University Bridge and down to South Passage Point Park, a very small park that is underneath Interstate 5 on the south side, between Lake Washington and Portage Bay.  In order to climb the hill back up to the University Bridge, I walked past the Pocock Rowing Center. I got a great view of the rowing sheds with all the colorful sculls.  I headed back across the University Bridge and could look down on the houseboats.  I always thought it would be a great to live on a houseboat in an area like Seattle.  I am so glad I take my camera with me each day to capture what I see.  It also makes me look at things in a new way, searching for just the right pictures. 
Tomorrow I will be in Wenatchee for my walk.  I guess this blog is chronicling my travels as well as my walks.  You can see my route today here:  http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/610201  

No comments:

Post a Comment