Thursday, January 28, 2010

1/27/2010 A Walk With Jeff

Earlier this month I mentioned that a good friend of mine, Linda, had passed away.  Today her son Jeff came to visit me and went for a walk with me.  It was pretty special to have him here. The last time I had gone on a walk with him (not counting hanging out in Seattle one day) was in Little Rock, Arkansas, when I was visiting his mom. So we walked and talked, recounting stories of his mom and my friend. It made for a special day.
Jeff has a nice Nikon Digital SLR, so I chose Padilla Bay for our walk, in hopes we would see some water fowl, along with the views of the North Cascades and Mount Baker from there. Today, we could actually see Mount Rainier also. I have to say, we didn't walk too fast--stopping quite often to take pictures, but we did put in the miles. Jeff must have taken about 100 pictures; he really enjoyed the sights. Two heron flew right past us, and Jeff got a great shot of one of them in the stages of flight. Besides the stories of his mom I told him, he'll also have some great pictures to remember the day.  Our route is posted here:  http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/609154

No comments:

Post a Comment