Tuesday, January 26, 2010

1/26/2010 Walking is man's best medicine.

Today I wasn't feeling too well; bad dose of antibiotics, I think, but I crawled off the couch late afternoon and went for a walk.  Like the title says, Walking is man's best medicine (Hippocrates).  I can't say I was too active after my walk, but I did stay up the rest of the day.  My walk today was quite slow, 2.2 MPH, but I think that is because Christie and I were busy taking pictures.  There were two eagles in a tree on the lower trail, sitting near their nest, so we shot a few pictures of them.


They looked pretty regal up there.  It was a beautiful sunny day, in the upper 40s, so still a bit of a chill in the air, but the blue sky was wonderful. It gives you a different perspective on things; colors seem more vibrant against the blue sky.

I have a hard time believing that I have actually been walking for 26 days in a row now.  Only 334 more days to go. It really is helping to vary the distances each day. The lower route we took wasn't too long, so we also did part of another small loop, totaling 1.4 miles in all, but a walks a walk...you can see my route here: http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/608575

No comments:

Post a Comment