Friday, June 4, 2010

6/4/2010 Padilla Bay Dike Trail

Just over three miles today on the Padilla Bay Dike Trail. The day started out pretty gray and rainy, but by early evening it was beautiful out. Sunny, clear skies, just a tad breezy, so I opted for the scenic route. On the entire trail, I only passed two other people tonight; I guess most have something else to do on Friday nights. It was a solitary walk, good time for being alone.  I decided that walking is good for the soul, mixing solitude and exercise.
It is becoming increasingly more fun to see the migration of birds on these trails. Lots of Caspian and Goldfinches here tonight, but the neatest thing I saw was an Osprey. It was sitting on one of the posts near the old shack. I had no idea what it was, and actually couldn't see it too well because of the position of the sun, but I snapped a couple of pictures hoping something would turn out. I knew it was a bird I had never seen before. On the way back along the trail was the best. The tide was way out again today, except for the channels. I watched the Osprey dive down to the water three different times attempting to catch a fish. I believe it succeeded on the third attempt, because it flew off after that. I am going to have to remember to take binoculars with me when I walk this trail. Most of the action is out over the water.  Great walk tonight! Here's my route: http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/749097

No comments:

Post a Comment