Monday, May 31, 2010

5/31/2010 Memorial Day

What a weird day, weather wise. I should have gone for a walk late this morning when it actually wasn't raining. Instead, I stayed inside to clean out my garage. At one point today, around 4:30, I heard what I thought was a huge windstorm--but it was the sound of the rain just pouring down like I haven't seen in a long time. By 7:00 it wasn't raining anymore, so I headed out for a coffee and what I thought would be a nice walk through the Discovery Garden on Memorial Highway at the WSU extension office. Ha! By the time I got there, it was once again pouring. But I put on my raincoat and headed out. I would have stayed longer, but I was worried about getting my new tennis shoes all muddy. And I have to say that my REI raincoat was pretty soaked--not through, I was dry--but it was WET!!!  The first thing I saw when I got there was this flag carved on a granite memorial, telling about Memorial Highway and how it was named to honor those who gave their lives defending our country. What an odd coincidence. Very fitting for today. I will come back to the gardens on a much nicer day--I think it would be a great spot to bring small children, too.  All in all I did clock over 2.6 miles today, so I did get some exercise--it just wasn't very aerobic.  Good day!

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite places to visit in the area. I like to visit at often and see what grows where and when. (I also take lots of photos...) I have a geocache hidden there. You should take a look next time you are there.

    ReplyDelete