Sunday, May 30, 2010

5/30/2010 New Shoes

With nothing pressing on my plate today, I decided it was time to get some new walking shoes. I had worn a hole through the toe of my old pair and had also worn out the inside lining on both, so off I went to Road Runner Sports in Seattle where I got my last pair of shoes. To make life easier, I just decided to get the same brand and model again. Road Runner Sports is just a block or two away from Green Lake, so after I got my new shoes, I decided to test them out with a walk around the lake. It's a nice 2.8 mile paved path, but there is also gravel if you prefer that.
I haven't walked all the way around the lake before, so I was surprised at all the action. Lots of people were fishing. Sort of. They cast out with a bobber on the line, then sit away from the pole and watch. None of that continually casting out and reeling in business. I did see one guy catch a fish, but before he could get it all the way in, he took a little slip and dip in the water, and then lost the fish as he brought it on shore. Pretty funny to me. Not to him. You sure don't need anything special to walk around the lake. People were dressed in every kind of clothing, including one man with no shirt on. Now, since it raining, I thought that was a little much. Bikers, joggers, strollers, walkers--they were all out today, and the fact that it was sprinkling didn't deter anyone. It was a nice way to spend part of my day. All in all I walked 3.2 miles. Easily got in my 10,000 steps today! Here's my route: http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/741659



No comments:

Post a Comment