Thursday, June 3, 2010

6/2/2010 And the wind doth blow...

Wow! What weird spring weather. After it finished raining like crazy for the last several days, it quit today, but was replaced by very strong winds. My friend Christie and I opted for the Port trails today, knowing that we can stay in the woods for a good part of the time and be protected from the wind. We had barely started out when we came across a fairly good sized tree blocking the trail--downed by the wind. I took a picture of it, but for some odd reason, have lost all the pictures I took today. Very strange. Anyway, we were pretty protected from the wind most of the walk, and I got too hot--was definitely overdressed. Although it was windy, it was actually quite warm. We joked along the way about what we'd do if a tornado came through the area--the weather seemed tornadoish, and I had just watched a tornado movie the night before on TV. Funny how your imagination starts playing off your recent events. I can tell you that if one comes our way on the Port Trails, we will jump into a ditch or a culvert!  Luckily that is highly unlikely, as this is not tornado country we live in.  The wind really hit us on the final leg of the walk--hard for me to stand upright at times, although Christie didn't seem to be having any problem. I'm not sure if that was because I'm shorter than her or wider than her.  2.3 miles today, though. Good walk! http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/745781

No comments:

Post a Comment