Saturday, March 6, 2010

3/5/2010 The Lost Pedometer!




The conference wrapped up today with a disaster--I lost my pedometer.  Gone! I also lost my debit card, but that was nothing compared to losing my pedometer. In the end, I found my debit card, but the pedometer is gone forever, I fear. I looked everywhere for it. It's a special pedometer. It's an Omron that measures your steps both horizontally or vertically; thus, you can have it on your hip, in a pocket, or even in your purse, and it will count your steps. It also counts aerobic activity (steps and time), calories burned, mileage, and it connects to my computer and uploads to both a program it comes with as well as Microsoft's HealthVault, which ties into my health records. It's an awesome pedometer, and I highly recommend it. Someone has mine now, I'm sure. Not really sure how far I walked, but based on the last two days, and the fact that we were packing up this afternoon, too, I am going to say well over 5 miles. Plus I retraced my steps at least 5 times looking for my pedometer. Oh, well. REI tomorrow for a new one!
The conference was a great success, with over 2300 in attendance. It was a very busy week, as one can tell by my lack of bog posts, but we feed off the energy of the attendees, and there was plenty of that!  We celebrated the conference this evening with a nice dinner at the Rock Bottom Brewery. I'm looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment