Saturday, March 6, 2010

3/4/2010 Conference Day 3

Today was another busy day of walking and walking--but all inside again at the conference until later in the evening. I clocked 4.8 miles on my pedometer, which surprised me a bit since I thought I had walked at least as much as the day before, and I walked again from the Hyatt to the Crowne Plaza as well, an additional .48 miles.  It was a great day, with the conference in full swing, concurrent sessions and workshops all day and into the evening.  It has been fun seeing people here who are following my blog--they all check with me to see how far I have walked each day.  Tonight we had a reception at the Seattle Aquarium, and there was a beautiful sunset just as we arrived.
I snagged this picture just as we were heading into the aquarium. We were treated to a welcome by Philippe Cousteau, grandson of Jacques Cousteau. How cool to be in an aquarium and have a Cousteau right there beside you talking about the fish. He was the opening keynote this morning for the conference and showed some great video clips from his work, work with Steve Irwin, the "Crocodile Hunter," and also clips from his grandfather's show, The Undersea World of Jacques Cousteau. It was a great keynote, and he was able to span all generations with his message.

No comments:

Post a Comment