Monday, March 1, 2010

3/1/2010 What a Week It Will Be

Today starts the Northwest Council for Computer Education annual conference in Seattle. I drove down this afternoon, and by bedtime had clocked 2.55 miles on my pedometer.  (My pedometer is a main piece of my attire every day now.)  That 2.55 miles was just a starter for how the week will go, I'm sure. It will be interesting to see how many miles I end up walking by Saturday morning when I head for home.  Workshops are on the 6th floor; registration and exhibits and keynotes on the 4th floor, and offices on the 5th floor. A lot of walking just between those areas. No pictures today, but I'll make sure I have my camera with me tomorrow. Maybe I'll even be able to sneak out for a "real" walk around Freeway Park or an urban walk downtown. The problem with walking downtown is the traffic lights...sometimes you have to stop and wait for the light to change...kind of a bummer. I'll really try to get away, though, because it will feel good to get out of the convention center every once in a while during the week and go for a walk away from everything, and there are lots of parks around here. I would really like to walk the waterfront trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment