Tuesday, March 2, 2010

3/2/2010 The Convention Center

Today was the first day of the NCCE conference, so I was pretty much inside for the whole day. I clocked 3.87 miles on my pedometer.  I did take a several walk block in the evening, from the Convention Center up to the Crowne Plaza and then down towards the waterfront a couple of blocks and back up to the Convention Center, so I got in a bit of aerobic walking as well. As I was heading towards Nike Town, about 6:00 PM or so, all of a sudden the doors opened and out poured a lot of people, who all took off running down the street. Since they were all dressed in running gear, I guess they must have some sort of running club that meets there. I think that is a great thing for them to do. I might have to stop by there tomorrow and find out if that's what I saw.  We had a beautiful sunset tonight and a very mild evening, but by the time we were done having dinner, it had started raining.
Two years ago when we were here for the conference, my knee killed me. Now...no problem walking anywhere. In fact, it feels better to walk than to sit. We'll see how that holds up come Friday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment