Tuesday, February 2, 2010

2/2/2010 A Walk Around a Block

I found this quote the other day, and it seemed appropriate for today's walk: "Some people see more in a walk around the block than others see in a trip around the world. -Source Unknown"  I am feeling quite rushed today; lots of things on my to do list, so I decided to just do a short walk--30 minutes.  I met my friend Christie for lunch, and then we did a little 30 minute, 1.4 mile walk around the block--a big block!  We walked an access road behind a grocery store, over to the mall parking lot, up to the main street and back to the car.  When Christie was teaching, she taught a walking class for PE, and this is part of one of the routes she would have her classes walk.
I wonder if people actually ever sit on these benches (besides me to get my picture taken)? It was a very nice day--no hat or gloves needed today. It kept getting nicer and nicer as the day went on.  Our winter is pretty messed up here. Today we saw 4 rhododendrons in nearly full bloom.  Maybe where Punxsutawney Phil is they plan to have 6 more weeks of winter, but it's hard to imagine that happening here. We just had our most mild January in history. Guess I picked a good year to start walking.
I am enjoying my walks every day, and the walking doesn't bother my knee at all. If anything gets in the way of my walks, it will be my crazy schedule, at least through this winter's short days anyway. Once summer rolls around, I can walk in the evening if I choose.  I guess it's not any different than any other exercise. It's important to find time each day to set aside for your health. Tomorrow will be interesting--flying cross country again. My route today is here: http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/612888

No comments:

Post a Comment