Wednesday, February 3, 2010

2/3/2010 A Strange Walk

My walk today actually consisted of several walks, through airports, subways, and city streets.  I totaled over 8000 steps and 2.5 miles of walking, but it was definitely in spurts. First out to the S gate at SeaTac Airport. In Minneapolis, I had to transverse nearly the entire airport, arriving at B gate and leaving from D gate.  Then at Dulles Airport, I made it to a bus, and then the Metro.  When I got off the Metro I walked the wrong direction, adding 5 blocks to my walk, but that was good for me.  Then after checking into the hotel, out again for a 3 block walk for some much needed food.  Can't say I did a lot of aerobic walking, (only 13 minutes counted for that) but I was dragging a suitcase and carry-on with me--those two items had to add 25 pounds to my walk...just like when I was heavier. Imagine carrying an extra 25 or 30 pounds everywhere like that.  At least these extra pounds were on wheels and not on my body!
As you can see from this picture I took out the window of the plane, the country is still frozen everywhere but Washington State.  This is a golf course outside of Minneapolis.  I like to look out the window at the landscape as we fly over it.  Lots of snow on the ground in DC, but again, sidewalks and major roads are clear. They are expecting a big storm this weekend, but I think we will be out of town by the time it hits--or at least I hope we are...Not sure what tomorrow  brings.  In meetings from 9:30 to 5:30, then meeting a friend  for dinner at 6:30. Might be treadmill time.

No comments:

Post a Comment