Friday, February 19, 2010

2/19/2010 Becky, We have a problem...

Today takes the cake! But it also shows my commitment and dedication to this walking thing.  I left home at 8:00 AM today to fly to Denver and then drove to Colorado Springs for a class I am teaching this weekend for Lesley University.  By the time I got to my hotel, it was 4:30 PM and I hadn't eaten anything since breakfast. So, dinner first before walking. By the time dinner was over, it was snowing like crazy, and I needed to get to an Office Max so I could make copies for my class tomorrow. By the time that was done, it was dark and the ground was covered with an inch or two of slippery, wet snow. No outside walk today.  My hotel has no fitness room, so no treadmill. (Who doesn't have fitness rooms? Fairfield Inn!) So, I improvised! 30 minutes of aerobic walking at a Whole Foods Store. Up and down the aisles I went, multiple times.  I finally picked up a bottle of water and a container of nuts so people wouldn't think I was strange.  The only ones who probably noticed were the security guard and the people restocking shelves.
After walking around the store for 30 minutes, I kind of wish we had one of these in Burlington. I suppose the Co-op is the closest thing we have to Whole Foods.  I did think it was sort of ironic that I pick a Whole Foods store to get in my daily exercise. By the way, I highly recommend their corn nuts. At any rate, I got in 2.3 miles today, and 30 minutes of it was aerobic! Not sure what tomorrow will bring. Class is from 8:00-5:00. Perhaps a walk at lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment