Sunday, January 17, 2010

1/17/2010 Coeur D'Alene



Today we drove from Bozeman, Montana, to Seattle. Safely made it back home; 2800+ miles in 4 days. I am excited that I was able to keep up my walking plan even through a cross country trip. Stopping to walk a bit each day is a great way to get out of the car and see the country from a different perspective then the car. And when that couldn't be done, there was always a treadmill at a hotel. Today we stopped in Coeur D'Alene to have lunch with a friend, so I took 30 minutes out to walk on part of the Centennial Trail along the lake. Very nice walk. There are some beautiful homes across the road from the lake. Wow! I could have easily walked a lot longer, but we were on a mission to get to Seattle. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me on my walk, so no pictures of the walk, but you can view the route here: http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/602594


Yesterday I forgot to mention all the animals we had seen, especially through South Dakota, Wyoming, and Montana...deer, antelope, wild turkeys, pheasants and buffalo. All in all, a great trip. Now back home and those walking trails of Skagit County.

No comments:

Post a Comment