Thursday, January 21, 2010

1/21/2010 Around and Around I Go

If you view the route I took today, you'll understand the title.  I was working all day and then a friend came over late in the afternoon. Since I hadn't gotten my walk in yet, I invited her to walk with me--but we had to go somewhere nearby, so we did a little loop by my house--a 10 minute loop at best, so we did the loop three times, and then walked back to my house, but we still didn't have 30 minutes in, so we walked around my condo complex until we hit 30 minutes. So around and around we went.  I am amazed at how easy it was to go around my loop in such a short period of time. I remember trying it a year or so ago and it seemed so hard, and today I did it THREE times...amazing.  It really is making a difference. It was nearly dark today when we went, it was a bit after 4:30, but still light enough to see and take a couple of pictures. Proof that the days are, indeed, getting longer.


I'm going to start altering my walking schedule to something like this:  Monday, long walk--50-60 minutes; Tuesday, easy 30 minute walk; Wednesday, hill walk, 40-60 minutes; Thursday, easy 30 minute walk; Friday, long walk--50-60 minutes; Saturday, hill walk, 40-60 minutes; Sunday, easy 30 minute walk.  I'll try to make the 30 minute walks more aerobic, picking up my pace a bit. We'll see how that pattern works for a while.  It should give my body some recovery time.  You can see my walk today here:  http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/605049




No comments:

Post a Comment