Wednesday, January 20, 2010

1/20/2010 Country Club Loop

Today I walked the Country Club loop again. It's very close to 2.5 miles around. The last time I walked it was 12 days ago, so I thought it would be great to compare the two walks. For some reason I walked slower today. It might have been the nice weather; made me look around more for blooms and buds. It might be that I am still tired from my cross country trip, or it might be that I need to alter my distances each week to allow for recovery time.  I might need to better plan my walks, a long walk followed by a shorter walk, a hilly walk in the middle of the week, a 30 minute stroll sometimes.  I tend to get hung up on data, so comparing the times and distances I walk might not be the greatest idea ever...This first month is a good test to develop a model for the rest of the year.



The golf course looked great today and made me yearn for this spring when I can once again golf. I had to put golfing off this past summer and fall because of my knee replacement, but I will definitely be ready this spring. I'm excited to give it a shot. I'm also excited to be able to walk the course once again. For the past few years I have been relegated to a golf cart to save the wear and tear on my knee.  Guess I should start looking for a new push cart pretty soon!


It has been so mild so far this month that I think the flowers are very confused. This is a rhododendron in full bloom that I passed on my walk today.  I also saw several bunches of crocuses, some already blooming. It would be nice to think that this would keep up, but I believe rain is on the way. My route and data can be found here:  http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/604560  So far this month, I have walked nearly 40 miles!




No comments:

Post a Comment