Tuesday, January 19, 2010

1/19/2010 Port of Skagit Trails

Today I was quite busy catching up after being gone for nearly a week, so felt a bit rushed about getting in a walk. I ended up heading to the Port of Skagit Trails again, as it is only a 5 minute drive from my house.  Today was the first day that this actually felt like a burden, like I HAD to walk. Pretty much, I just wanted to get it over with today and get back home to my work. The fact that I had a couple of phone conferences lined up didn't help matters any.  It was actually a very nice day today, about 53 degrees, a bit overcast, but with some sun breaks.  Two people ran past us on the walked dressed in their shorts and T-shirts. I, of course, was bundled up, and am looking forward to this summer when I will walk in 70 degree weather. I like this trail, as for part of it, you can go past a large pond that actually used to be used by a kayak company for testing their products. The pond was full of ducks today.


My body is still recovering from the 4-day cross country trip, and my walk today reflected that: my walking time was a bit slower than usual, and we only walked for 37 minutes.  My route can be found here:  http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/603848

No comments:

Post a Comment