Tuesday, January 19, 2010

1/18/2010 Skagit Dike Trail

Today I made it back home from my fast cross country trip, and then headed out for my walk. I decided to walk the Burlington Dike Trail again. It's very nice, wide, and quite peaceful walking along the river.  It is a relaxing area to walk, I find, but I also have discovered that my pace is better there then on some of the other trails.  I actually think pacing while I walk depends greatly on how I feel physically. If I am dragging a bit, my pace is slower.  I thought these boats looked very cool all lined up along the river at their dock.  Funny that I didn't notice them the last time I was here.


I hope each time I repeat a walk on a trail, I am able to discover new things I missed on other walks. And of course the scenery will change as the seasons do.  I'm surprised I haven't seen any ducks along here or even any signs of bird nests. It might be that the river is too wide or that the trail is too close to a populated area. We'll see how it changes as time goes along.  here's the data from the walk:  http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/603372

As to the cross country trip--I have always wanted to ride my bicycle across the United States. It has been on my "bucket list" for a very long time. I really admire people who have accomplished that ride, because now that I have driven cross country, I'm pretty sure I will cross the bicycle ride off my list. I can't imagine riding across the country, taking 6 or 7 days to make it as far as we drove in one day; and especially in the heat of the summer.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment