Thursday, January 14, 2010

1/14/2010 Driving All Day; Treadmill Time

Today we drove from Philadelphia to South Bend, Indiana.  A 10.5 hour drive plus rush hour traffic, gas stops, pit stops, meal stops, turned the travel time into 13.5 hours.  It was 9:30 PM when we arrived at our destination for the evening.  Luckily this hotel has an exercise room, so I headed down and put in 32 minutes on the treadmill. It wasn't so bad, and I have to say, I was mighty proud of myself for making the effort to do that. There is no way prior to my knee replacement that I would have even considered such a thing. 

My knee held up great being in the car that long; another indication of the healing process, and reinforcement of the decision to have it done.  I managed to clock 1.76 miles today, and 1.3 miles of that was at a sustained pace to be considered aerobic, so I'm happy. We are staying very close to Notre Dame, so I'm thinking about a walk around campus there tomorrow before we hit the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment