Monday, January 11, 2010

1/11/2010 Skagit Valley Mall Walk

Today although the temperature was quite mild, (in the 50s), it was very rainy and windy. I sort of kept waiting all day for it to quit raining, but it just kept coming, so my friend Christie and I opted for the Skagit Valley Mall walk. Even though we didn't go until early afternoon, as a sign of the times, the mall was pretty empty. It took about 10 minutes to make 1 loop. Compared to Alderwood Mall, then, I'd say ours was half the size. It took 20+ minutes to loop Alderwood.  Our mall is a pretty typical small mall--theaters and 3 anchor stores, multiple jewelry stores, although not as many as there used to be, some empty stores, like Alderwood, and a food court. Must not be able to be called a mall unless you have a food court.  I was excited to see a new clothing alteration shop in our mall. And one jewelry store has been replaced by a gold, silver, and coin shop--which, by the way, happened to be the busiest spot in the mall.  The unusual thing at our mall is a Children's Museum. What a great idea to place it at a mall. And we saw lots of parents and children there.


We walked for about 43 minutes today, 5,410 steps on my pedometer. (Remember my GPS tracker doesn't work inside buildings.) I'm pretty confident we went over 2 miles, as my total today on the pedometer is 8,324 steps, and 2.6 miles.  For some reason I am pretty sore today, but I think it's because I haven't had any ibuprofen for a couple of days. Guess I'll get back on it.  Tomorrow it's back outside--rain or shine!





3 comments:

  1. What you didn't mention is that there is a Chuck E. Cheese restaurant strategically located DIRECTLY across the hall from the Children's Museum. Very irritating! But the museum is wonderful--in fact I'm joining it this week and there is reciprocity with Bellingham's and Everett's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know...I almost mentioned that, too. And I can't believe you never went to a Chuck E Cheese when the Peterson kids were little. Scott loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! I don't know how I escaped that--but they were my first introduction to it. I can't remember which kid started it, but they called it "Chunk E Cheeses"!

    ReplyDelete