Saturday, May 29, 2010

5/28/2010 Urban Walk

Thanks to my friend Joanne who confirmed that there are eaglets in the nest at the Port. Her husband works there and said they have been keeping an eye on them. No pictures today; my walk was 1.5 miles around downtown Seattle. I had a meeting at the Sheraton Hotel, so I parked at the Convention Center and walked over to the Sheraton--not so much of a walk, so when I was done with my meeting, I did a little 30 minute walk around a few downtown blocks, computer bag and all. Surprisingly for how hard it had rained all morning, it wasn't raining much at all during my walk, and there were lots of people out on the streets, not giving me a second look. However, I think I would have appeared a tourist if I'd had my camera with me and started snapping pictures. I stayed on the level ground, walking north and south rather than down any hills-a bit wussy of me, but remember I was carrying my 7 pound computer.  Hopefully the rain will end soon and we'll be back to nice weather and longer walks.

No comments:

Post a Comment