Thursday, May 27, 2010

5/25/2010 Bakerview Trail

I was back in Mount Vernon again today, and by 7:45 PM when I left a friend's house, I still hadn't walked. Across from their place is Bakerview Park, and I pulled in thinking I would walk around the playfields when I noticed people walking along a trail. Sure enough, it is part of a trail that starts at the river in Mount Vernon and winds its way up the hill to the park. I had read about the trail, but couldn't imagine it because it goes all through neighborhoods. I thought it would be on city sidewalks. How wrong I was. It is a very cool trail that seems to wind itself between residential areas. It appears to be newly planted along the way with all sorts of different shrubs and trees and crosses creeks along the way. You would not know you were in the middle of residential areas as you walk along the trail. One of the areas I walked past was the Kulshan Creek neighborhood garden. I would never have seen that if I was driving. It was a very nice evening and the garden was full of people working spreading new gravel on the paths through the garden, as well as working in their own patches.  What a great opportunity for people who live in a city. I only walked 1.67 miles from Bakerview to LaVenture and back, but it was a pleasant walk. Here's my route: http://www.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewTrip/734731

1 comment:

  1. I love this trail. My favorite part is the community gardens.

    ReplyDelete